lx.claudeheintzdesign.com Forum Index lx.claudeheintzdesign.com
A forum for discussion of LX Series lighting software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows vs / along with Mac

Post new topic   Reply to topic    lx.claudeheintzdesign.com Forum Index -> LXSeries General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theatrebob

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject: Windows vs / along with Mac Reply with quote

I'm an old MacLux user who shifted to WYSIWYG while I was teaching. I'm retired now and can't afford WYSIWYG. LX looks great - An old friend that's grown up.

Because I was using WYSIWYG, the machine I use primarily for design is a Windows machine. It has the big monitors. Is it possible to utilize a license across platforms (PC Desktop - Mac Laptop)? I noticed in another post that it was possible to load the program to a desktop and a laptop as long as they were not being used at the same time, but I haven't seen anything about cross platform usage.

Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can run LXFree for Java on Windows. LXFree for Java uses the same xml based files that are the default on the MacOS applications. LXFree for Java contains many of the abilities of the MacOS applications. But, the LXSeries Pro license only applies to LXBeams and LXConsole which are Mac only.
jnintendo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Windows vs / along with Mac Reply with quote

theatrebob wrote:
I'm an old MacLux user who shifted to WYSIWYG while I was teaching. I'm retired now and can't afford WYSIWYG. LX looks great - An old friend that's grown up.

Because I was using WYSIWYG, the machine I use primarily for design is a Windows machine. It has the big monitors. Is it possible to utilize a license across platforms (PC Desktop - Mac Laptop)? I noticed in another post that it was possible to load the program to a desktop and a laptop as long as they were not being used at the same time, but I haven't seen anything about cross platform usage.

Thanks!

Not possible dead.. you need separate license.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    lx.claudeheintzdesign.com Forum Index -> LXSeries General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: