Latest Build Issues

LXConsole support and feedback
harrison.croft

Latest Build Issues

Post by harrison.croft »

Hey Claude,
I'm on the latest build which has the intimidator 155 sub channel setup on it, and now none of my fixtures are working. My mac is indeed broadcasting DMX, and my fixtures are working on another piece of software, but not LX Console. Any suggestions?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Nothing is different in the last build except for the replacement of the empty channel configuration file. The problem with your output is likely caused by something else. One possibility is that your other piece of software is preventing LXConsole from establishing its connection because the other software is using it. But, start with the basics.

Have you checked the output settings in the preferences?

What output are you using? If you are using Art-Net or sACN, is File->External->Ethernet DMX enabled?

If you restart the computer and only open LXConsole, does the problem persist?
harrison.croft

Post by harrison.croft »

Hi thanks for the reply,
I'm using an enttec dmx USB pro. I've tried restarting my Mac, but the problem still persists, no matter what.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Are you using the d2xx driver with d2xx helper? Or, are you using the Apple FTDI driver? Have you checked the preferences to make sure the correct connection is selected? And, what happens if you click the "Widget Info" button?

Note that the connection settings are in the DMX Info tab and the DMX out tab is where the USB DMX interface is turned off and on.

There can be only a single application connected to the widget's driver. It is very possible that something is occupying that connection and preventing LXConsole from communicating. Checking the widget info should tell you if you can communicate with the widget or not.