Touch osc layout

LXConsole support and feedback
Pace514

Touch osc layout

Post by Pace514 »

Hi Claude !!!

I would like to make myself a landscape layout using touchOSC. It is easy to rotate everything by 90 degrees (eventough you have to do it one item at a time) but is it possible to display the infos in the: RUNNING CUE, NEXT CUE and DIMMERS accordingly ?

One more time, thank you for your so much appreciate help !
Pace514

Post by Pace514 »

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The dropbox file does not exist. It's hard to tell exactly what you are asking about. If you look at the TouchOSC Remote file that's included with LXConsole (LXConsole->Install Extras->TouchOSC Remote), you should be able to see how the fields are set up and what OSC address pattern to use.
Pace514

Post by Pace514 »

Sorry about that !
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mhnc4cw5j4xzs ... .jpeg?dl=0

As you see, i can cheat and resize the window but the infos inside those windows are still displayed vertically. Is there a way to display it horizontally ?

Thanks a lot !

Pascal
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Unfortunately, there is not a way to rotate objects using TouchOSC Editor. You have to make a new object with the desired orientation. Its not terrifically hard to do this. You just need to note the properties of the old label, particularly the OSC. And use those properties in the new object with the opposite orientation.

On the User Contributed files page, https://www.claudeheintzdesign.com/cgi- ... d_user.cgi, there is an copy of the LXConsole remote layout that is in landscape orientation. You could potentially copy and paste objects from that as well.
Pace514

Post by Pace514 »

Dear Claude !!!

I have tried to copy/paste your LXConsole remote layout that is in landscape orientation but it is not working. Concerning ''making a new object'', do you mean modifying a code ?. I wish i could do that ! Maybe in another life...

Thanks anyway !

Pascal
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No, I mean adding a new element to the TouchOSC layout. In TouchOSC Editor, it is not obvious how to do this. But, you right-click (or, hold the control key and click, or two finger tap on a trackpad) in the layout area and a menu will popup with elements.

When you copy and paste in TouchOSC Editor, the layouts must be in the same orientation or what you paste will be rotated 90 degrees. Another thing that is not immediately obvious in TouchOSC Editor is that in the Layout, the Orientation setting is necessary to be set correctly, even if you change the width and height in the custom size to make a landscape aspect layout.

When the Orientation is horizontal, you'll be able to copy and paste from the landscape LXConsole remote file.
Pace514

Post by Pace514 »

Got it !

It works !

Thanks !

Pascal