Color Mixing with RGBA problem

LXConsole support and feedback
vandueren

Color Mixing with RGBA problem

Post by vandueren »

Hi there,

I've found that when an RGBA-fixture is selected, the Red component is either fully on, or fully off, with Amber immediately taking over, when mixing warm colours.

SO any Primary red color of any intensity will have R at FL,
but as soon as a bit of green is wixed in, that changes to R0 G0 B0 A90.

More generally: as soon as there is more Green than Blue in a color selected from the colour-picker, Red is discarded for Amber, which is usually not very accurate.

Is there any easy way to just have acces to RGBA sliders ?
It would be even handy if, when I select the R, G, B or A in the Channel Tab, i could use the scroll wheel, but that only works For the pop-up control in the main window
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Can you try the latest build, Version 5.4.4 (12924.1)?

This build improves color->RGBA conversion.

There is a separate issue with the Apple color picker on MacOS 10.14 where the color does not change in a portion of the wheel around primary red.

The issue of component sliders for the channel tab can be considered for a future version.
LonnyPan

Post by LonnyPan »

I've noticed red being discarded for amber as well. I don't understand why the program does that? Maybe the issue is somewhere else?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Can you please post the version of LXConsole, the version of Mac OS and what you are doing when you observe this problem?

LXConsole 5.4.5 has improved its color to RGBA algorithm and that may fix the problem for you.