Training on LX console

LXConsole support and feedback
Airglow Lighting

Training on LX console

Post by Airglow Lighting »

Hi - I'm looking for a video or some more than just basic training on how to use LX console.

I have used mostly strand lighting consoles before and the basics such as bringing up channels and recording a cue are pretty intuitive, but now I have a fairly complex show I want to pre-plot before I get to the theatre, and I want to use groups for programming.

The stuff on line and in the help windows tells me what it can do but not how to do it beyond the really basic stuff.

I have set up the groups, but I can't work out how to bring them up in cues.
The training modules all seem to be about LX beams.

I found a module about using LX console and Qlab3 but that guy seems to have access to commands I don't have. Like he can access a virtual keyboard from the view list, but I don't have that option in my view list.
Cynthia JR
Airglow Lighting
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Groups can be recalled from the command line. Unlike a sub that has a persistent level that is merged into the output, groups are like shortcuts for setting the level of a set of channels. The channels are determined by being marked (small underline in the channel display and controlled from commands in the Channel menu). Groups take over and set the levels of their marked channels.

For example, consider that group 1 has the following marked channels at these levels:

1 @ 10
2 @ 20
3 @ 30
4 @ 40
5 @ 50

On the command line in live mode you enter the following:
[g][1][a][5][0] "group: 1@50"

The levels of these channels will be as follows:

1 @ 5
2 @ 10
3 @ 15
4 @ 20
5 @ 25

This is true regardless of the prior levels of these channels in live.

[g][1][f] "group: 1@100"

results in:

1 @ 10
2 @ 20
3 @ 30
4 @ 40
5 @ 50

If all the marked channels in the group are recorded at 100, then the recall of the group will set the levels identically. This gives a behavior of the group that is more like how groups work in ETC consoles.