Help with patch

LXConsole support and feedback
JosechuPuerta

Help with patch

Post by JosechuPuerta »

Hello, good morning, could someone help me to make a patch in LxConsole?
It is about not having to modify the already recorded Cues, just change the direction of the channels, that is, channel 1 of the Cue becomes channel 40 of the dimmers.
The other day I had to redo all the cues of my show because in the theater I was in I had several of the dimmer channels that I used broken.

Thanks in advance.

A greeting.

Josechu Puerta
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You use the table in the patch tab of the Inspector to assign output addresses to channels.

When you open a new file, LXConsole will, by default, patch 1 to 1. That is, channel 1 will control output address (dimmer) 1, channel 2 controls address/dimmer 2, etc.

To have channel 1 control dimmer 40, simply enter 40 in the patch column for channel 1.

You can override the patch and force all output to be direct channel to dimmer. You do this in the Preferences window DMX Info tab by checking the "Send Channels" box. It is very important that this box is left unchecked if you want to assign a patch scheme other than 1-to-1.

There are also some additional tools for dealing with patches found in the Setup window's Channels tab. There is a popup button that has a menu of commands that allow you to clear the patch, patch 1-to-1, switch to an alternate patch table, etc.

If you have a patch set and don't want someone to accidentally alter it, you can lock the patch in the Setup/Channels tab. If you lock the patch, you won't be able to change it using the Patch table in the Inspector until it has been unlocked in the Setup window.
JosechuPuerta

Post by JosechuPuerta »

Thank you very much. Is that I tried it recently but it did not work, it seems that the patch did not change, although I think the problem should be that it had not changed the configuration to addresses, as I saw in another answer in the forum. Anyway, I hope I can do it next time.

A greeting.

Thank you.

Josechu Puerta
JosechuPuerta

Post by JosechuPuerta »

Finally I managed to get the patch working correctly, thanks for your help and collaboration, without it it would not have been possible.

A greeting.

Josechu