Enttec ODE(not mk2 version) to 2 universes?

LXConsole support and feedback
nizer

Enttec ODE(not mk2 version) to 2 universes?

Post by nizer »

I am going to a venue with 2 universes. Can I set up my file to have 1024 channels, then send out the 2 DMX outputs on the Enttec ODE to each universe.

As another option I have a entice DMX-USB device. Can I have the ODE handle universe 1 and the USB handle universe 2?

Thanks in advance. :-)
Mark Nizer
mark@nizer.com
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, you should be able to use both interfaces at the same time. Setting the local start address of the USB interface to 512 in the preferences/DMX Out tab, will make it output data for the second universe. Perhaps Local Start Address is not the best description. You could also view it as a negative offset:

USB output address = Patch address - Local Start Address from Preferences

Example: 1 = 513 - 512

With Local Start Address set to 512, the output for the first address of the second universe (2.1 or 513) in LXConsole's patch is set to the first address sent by the USB widget.
Stickel

Post by Stickel »

Hi, I'm trying to accomplish pretty much the same thing as Nizer. But I'm unable to use both interfaces at the same time. I can use either one or the other. Am I missing something?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

What version of LXConsole are you using? What are you doing to use both outputs at the same time? What exactly happens (what doesn't work?)