cue fading to 0 before running next cue

LXConsole support and feedback
luca telleschi

cue fading to 0 before running next cue

Post by luca telleschi »

hi claude,

sorry for writing too much..

i’ve got a cue in a show that go to black in 0 sec and after start next cue fade in, instead of crossfading from one cue to the other.. (first cue has got a 10 second fade in and 5 second fade out, second cue has got a 10 second fade in and a 0 second fade out.. )
and also fade in/out seems to be more faster than what i’ve programmed.. (dimmer are in linear mode and single channel curve in lx console are in linear mode also)

and one more question: is there a table whit a summary of all syntax and terms used for programming? at the beginning is really hard to remember all terms and command.. a summary should be very helpfull but i have not found anyrhing
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Cue times are not the times it takes that preset to fade in and fade out. The cue times control the speed that channels fade up and down in the cue from their previous levels.

Channels that are increasing from whatever their previous level was when a cue is played take the "up" number of seconds to reach their new levels.

Channels that are decreasing from whatever their previous level was take the "down" number of seconds.

If you want to cross fade from cue 1 to cue 2 in 5 seconds, the times assigned to cue 1 don't matter. That happened in the past, before cue 2 is triggered. Instead both of cue 2's up and down times should be set to 5 seconds.

--------------------------

The most common commands have buttons labeled with their key equivalents found in the Commands tab of the inspector.

If you select Help->LXConsole Help you'll see a number of links on the main page. Click "Main Window". The command line is part of the main window and there is a link on the left side of the main window page to the command line reference. This lists the key equivalents and syntax for the command line.