Applying of defined values for related subchannels

LXConsole support and feedback
freadZdead

Applying of defined values for related subchannels

Post by freadZdead »

Hi Claude ,

We touched on it before, but the following steps lead to unexpected behaviour:

1. grab a HSI fixture and a Cyan-Red-Green-Blue-Red/Orange-Amber-Indigo fixture.
2. set a colour in the picker or via Gel number (for the test - R92, resulting in Hue 45, Hue Fine 0, Saturation 94, and Cyan FL, Blue 15, and the remaining colour subchannels 0)
3. record a defined value/favourite with the star button, i.e. 'test'
4. change the values arbitrarily, i.e.: Hue to 30, Hue fine to 2, Saturation to 90, Cyan to 80, Red 10, Green 8, Blue 20, Red/Orange 3, Amber 4, Indigo 5.
5. select the fixtures again, and apply the values by adding @'test' in the command line.

Outcome: The only value that is recalled is Hue, all the remaining stay unchanged.
Expected outcome: All Related subchannels per colour mixing system per fixture get set by this command - resetting 0 values like Hue Fine, and all colours in the other fixture that were set to 0, as this seems logical when recalling a colour defined value - not recalling all related subchannels would not result in the same colour to be recalled.

The same would go for other related subchannels - i.e. "position" defined values should apply both pan and tilt, even if one is zero, and "beam" defined values should apply Iris and Beam even is one is zero.

I hope that makes sense and is possible.
Cheers,

Freddy
freadZdead

Post by freadZdead »

PS:

With an RBGW fixture, the integrity seems preserved, so it might just the application of Hue Fine, Saturation, and maybe the more complex fixtures like this Vivid-R, or when fixtures of a different mixing system are selected together - though, that would really be desirable, as it would allow to set your colour pallette together for all colour mixing fixtures at the start, and then know that you can recall for all fixtures successfully with the same name, or then later alter one to tweak the colour matching.
Cheers,

Freddy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This appears to be a problem with applying a Hue/Saturation value from the command line which is now fixed in the latest build.
freadZdead

Post by freadZdead »

Thanks, that works except most of fine parameters (this seem to affect but pan and tilt fines, which seem to work... well... fine :)).
Cheers,

Freddy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This is also an issue with applying defined values from the command line. Worked fine from the channel tab. It is fixed in the latest build 5.2.4 (11904.1).