WRONG 1 to 1 PATCH

LXConsole support and feedback
trompeta_

WRONG 1 to 1 PATCH

Post by trompeta_ »

Hi everyone.

I patched my show 1 to 1 but when I turn on the channel 1 it activates dimmer 2 istead of dimmer 1.
It's clear that lx console considers channel 0 is dimmer 1.
How can I reorganize my pacth list as a real 1 to 1?

My very best.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

What version of LXConsole and what version of MacOS? How many channels? Is this the main or alternate patch? This does not seem to be readily reproducible. So, does this happen with a specific file or does it happen every time with a new file?
trompeta_

Post by trompeta_ »

Lx console verison is: 5.1.0 (11210.1)
MacOs High Sierra 10.13.1 (17B48)
Main Patch.
I happens every time I'm starting a new project.

My very best
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Can you try v5.2.2, the current version, and see if you still have the same issue? It still doesn't reproduce for me with the identical LXConsole and MacOS versions. Every new plot opens with 100 channels patched 1-to-1 correctly.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm not sure how a localized operating system would alter numbers. But, because this problem appears to be specific to your system, it is not something I can rule out. Is your MacOS a country specific version? If so, what country? If you open System Preferences->Language & Region what are the settings?
trompeta_

Post by trompeta_ »

Hi Claude.

Actually it happens to me with other laptop as well.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This does not happen on any system for me. There are some things to try. First, does this happen using the latest version 5.2.2? Second, if you use the popup menu in the Setup window's Channels tab and first use Clear Patch and then Patch 1 to 1, is the patch correct or does the error still happen? Can you please try these two things and post the result.

From the source code, this looks almost impossible for it to happen. So, it must be something truly weird that is causing it for you. One small possibility is in the localization settings for your system. That's why I asked you to post the settings from the System Preferences Language and Region.

The code is very simple, it patches 1 to channel 1, etc. The same number is used to select the channel and the patch. It starts counting from 1 up to the number of channels. So it is impossible that it is patching address 1 to channel 0. Which, in any case, does not exist.

If anyone else is experiencing this problem, can you please post? This is so clear cut from the source code that I'm wondering about where the copy of LXConsole you are using came from and if it has been altered in some way. Or, there's another explanation. How do you know the patch is not correct? Can you save a file with the incorrect patch and e-mail it?
trompeta_

Solved

Post by trompeta_ »

Hi.
Sorry for the very long delay.

After install the version 5.2.2 and going back to the last version the problem was solved.