run effects

LXConsole support and feedback
JosechuPuerta

run effects

Post by JosechuPuerta »

Hello good morning, I'm starting with lxConsole and this is my first post in the forums and, in advance, thanks for your attention.
I would like to know how to throw an effect from a CUE own lxConsole or launch and stop it from a Qlab cue.
A greeting.

Josechu Puerta
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

To start an effect from a cue, you can add an action that is performed when the cue is run:

1) Switch to "Cues" mode to edit the cue. You cannot edit actions from "Live" mode.

2) Navigate to the cue that you want to start the effect.

You can enter the cue on the command line by pressing the letter 'q' followed by the number and enter.

Or, in the "Cue Info" tab of the Inspector, you can use the arrow buttons.

3) While viewing the desired cue, switch to the "Cue Options" tab of the Inspector.

4) Click the "+" button under the list of actions to add an action to the cue.

5) Choose "Effect Start" from the list of possible actions in popup in the action column.

6) Click the "Edit" button and a sheet will drop down so that you can select which effect you want to start.

To start an effect directly from QLab:

1) Enable OSC in LXConsole with the File->External->OSC In menu command.

2) Create an OSC destination in QLab for the IPAddress of the Mac running LXConsole.

The port to use is set in LXConsole's Preferences, OSC tab.

3) Create an OSC cue in QLab that has a "Custom OSC Message" for the message type.

4) Fill in the OSC address and arguments as follows:

/cmd.lxconsole/EFXstart:Chase3Channel 1

A) Replace Chase3Channel with the name of your effect.

B) The "1" following the space after the OSC address is a non-zero argument required by LXConsole

C) QLab interprets a space after the address as the beginning of arguments so your effect name
       cannot contain spaces or other characters that are illegal in OSC addresses.
JosechuPuerta

Post by JosechuPuerta »

Many thanks for the answers, I have already tried to throw the effect from a cue of lxConsole and (on screen, at least) it seems to work.
As soon as I can, I'll try throwing it from Qlab.
It is fortunate to have people like you, willing to help selflessly.
A hug.

Josechu Puerta