DMX Input support

LXConsole support and feedback
vbs

DMX Input support

Post by vbs »

Hello,

I have a Enttec opendmx ethernet connected to Lx console.
I have a other desk connected to dmx input at the Enttec.

Setup;
In preference setting set dmx input receive channels
At Import Dmx

In the live settings i don't see anything coming in and my light is not reacting to this.
Am i forgetting something here?
Best Regards Vincent
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This question belongs in the LXConsole Support topic. Please post in the correct topic so that others may benefit from the conversation.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There are a number of steps to configuring both the ODE and LXConsole so that you can input DMX to Art-Net and import that Art-Net into LXConsole.

1) The ODE must be configured with its port direction set to input. You do this with the ENTTEC node management utility.

2) The ODE then converts standard DMX from its input into Art-Net broadcast to 255.255.255.255.

3) Note the universe/subnet/port assignments because they must match in LXConsole.

3) In LXConsole's preferences, Art-Net output should be disabled.

4) Also in the preferences, Art-Net should be selected for input.

5) If you want to capture addresses as channels, then the import channels option should be selected. With this option selected, address 1 in the DMX stream will import to channel 1. Without this option, address 1 will import to the channel that it is patched to.

6) Monitor should be selected if you want to continuously capture DMX as opposed to just taking a snapshot.

7) In LXConsole's File->External menu, Ethernet DMX should be enabled.

8 ) To start DMX import select File->Import->DMX. If you are monitoring the stream, a check mark appears beside this menu item.
vbs

Post by vbs »

Oké sorry for the wrong topic. icon,t see where i can change the topic now, but will pay attention next time.

It seems to work now as you mentioned .

Thanks