live sample...

LXConsole support and feedback
Johan Söderberg

Post by Johan Söderberg »

So far it seems to do what it´s supposed to, apart from the patchproblem.

And yes - I do backups continually and keep them on different discs and a USB-stick

To prompt users maybe a dialog could be entered after saving.
"Do you also want to make a backup copy?
And suggest to name the copy automatically with filetitle and a timestamp.

Maybe it would be nice if it remembered also where to put the backups since the location might be another than the folder in which the original is saved.

I was quite lucky to have saved copies two days ago.
Something weird happened in the 1.1.10 version and I got duplicate cues with the same cuenumbers which of course confused the poor thing so that it couldnt run the cues. It was impossible to run cues beyond a certain point.

So I went back to a copy and continued. The cuenames in an autosequence running from 8.1 to 8.5 where altered and the problem never reappeared.

Later I had a go with the applescript called offset cue numbers and that messed everything up again with new duplicates of cues with identical names and channelvalues, but no times. So Back to the latest copy again..

These scripts seem harmless in the new version though because they "cant find document 1" invalid index it says. Ill have a look at them in my scripteditor..
:)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

LXConsole v1.2.4 is available for download. This version changes the cue fading mechanism so that channels are faded rather than dimmers. This gives the expected behavior even when output patches channels to addresses and a channel is not patched. Formerly, the unpatched channel would disappear as a cue was running. This has not been tested with a DMXUSB interface, only via ethernet: Art-Net and sACN.

v1.2.4 also adds toolbar buttons for common functions. These are not new functions, they simply duplicate existing menu commands.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The duplicate cue numbers you experienced are a result of setting cue numbers through AppleScript. The Offset Cue Numbers in Range script has been modified to scan to see if it will produce duplicates before it actually changes the numbers. It starts from the current cue and proceeds either forward or backwards with re-numbering. The new version of the script shows how to check for existing cues before setting a number via AppleScript. The new version requires LXConsole 1.2.5 to function properly.
Johan Söderberg

Hi again!

Post by Johan Söderberg »

I´m back home in Sweden. Down in France I´ve left a happy circuscompany very satisfied with their new toys.
To summarize last weeks only one word comes to my mind:THANKS! for great support and software!

After some trouble with the previous version every problem we met was solved one after another. Finally everything just worked, and it worked great!

The new scrollfunction and the ability to update DMX on any change saved us lots of time and we integrated a small "Manual flash" into the performance, saving me hours of programming autocues synced to a soundfile.

However like Cato the elder, I will keep repeating that I find it strange to be editing the times for a crossfade that is passed and not an upcoming one.
Apart from that I´d say everything is going in the right direction, from good to better and damnnear perfect.
I just love it! and again thanks, thanks a lot!
:)