copy movers from on file to another

LXConsole support and feedback
nizer

copy movers from on file to another

Post by nizer »

I have a show file with 200 cues. I do one venue that has 4 movers and I programmed them into a show file. In the mean time my main show file moved and got tweaked over the coarse of a year.

Can I copy the 4 movers and their positions, levels etc to a newer show file without having to do each cue one at a time?
Mark Nizer
mark@nizer.com
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

An option to limit the range of channels can probably be added to the import->cues command. If I understand correctly that's what you want, to import only certain channels from the cues in an old file into the cues of a newer file?
nizer

another idea

Post by nizer »

can I have my main Newest light cues open and just open a supplement file that contains the unique lights for the venue separately. Will LX files fire simultatinously if they are both open and triggered via midi from QLab?
Mark Nizer
mark@nizer.com
nizer

That worked

Post by nizer »

I deleted all the patch data in the old file except for the unique movers for that venue.

when I fire cue X in the new file it also fires cue x in the old.

Is that a good work around?
Mark Nizer
mark@nizer.com
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That's certainly a possible way of doing it. There's nothing wrong with that. LXConsole is totally capable of running cues from more than one file at the same time. The drawback is having to keep track of two files is more complicated and less convenient than having everything consolidated into one.

If you'd like to import just a range of channels from one file into another, you can do that with v5.1.1 (11416.2), the latest build. The best thing is for the file you are importing into (ie. the front window) to be patched so that all you need to do is to import the levels for the desired channels into the cues.

Then, choose File->Import->Cues. Select the file which you want to import/merge into the front document. In the options sheet that follows the open file browser, there is a new option in v5.1.1 called "Limit Channel Range". You'd want only that box and the Cues box checked. (You could use channel translation but for this post, assume that the channel numbers stay the same an so you do not want the translate box checked). In the low and high fields, enter the first and last channel you want to import. Click OK.

Say you limit the channel range to low=401 and high= 404. You will import 401 (and all its subchannels), 402 (and all its subchannels), 403 (and all its subchannels), and 404 (and all its subchannels) into the front window's cues.

Note: If a cue does not exist in the importing file that is found in the merging file, the cue will be added to the importing file but will only contain channels in the specified range.
nizer

That is a great addition...one more thing...PATCH?

Post by nizer »

That is great. My dream would be that the range could also include the Patch data for those channels as an option. I have 23 channels for each mover. That ends up that I have to patch 92 channels. I actually patch them in a odd way. I have all lights share the main values and just uniquely patch the PAN/TILT data.

Is that possible?
Mark Nizer
mark@nizer.com
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

File -> Import -> Cues does not import patch information. For that, you want to use File -> Import -> Channel Data.

If you want to only import a few channels, you'll need to edit the exported channel data file. But, its not hard.

Open the file with the channels you want to export and choose File -> Export -> Channel Data

Save the channel data.txt file to the desktop

Open channel data.txt and you'll notice it looks like the table in the channels tab.

Delete lines so you are left with only the channels you want to export/import and save the file.

Open the file that you want to import these channels into.

Choose File -> Import -> Channel Data and be sure that the "Patch" checkbox is checked in the import options.
nizer

WORKS PERFECTLY

Post by nizer »

Thank you so much. Totally works and saves me hours of time.
Mark Nizer
mark@nizer.com