Strange key repeat error

LXConsole support and feedback
freadZdead

Strange key repeat error

Post by freadZdead »

Hi Claude,

I seem to have discovered a weird error - it seems to be only affecting the LXConsole Beta versions, and this is the part of the error that I was able to pinpoint thus far:

When I start my command line with the numbers 5 or 6, then whatever I type as the next character seems to be doubled (i.e. 51 becomes 511, 65 becomes 655).

Any idea what this could be?
Cheers,

Freddy
freadZdead

Post by freadZdead »

Update, I just tried to circumvent this error by repatching the fixtures in that range to a different channel range... and said issue shifted to that new range (channels 81 thru 96 have the same issues now). The fixtures are a standard fixture from the existing libraries (Mac 101).

I have posted the LXBeams file and the LXConsole file here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gjg6s9fomtxy ... X9iwa?dl=0
Cheers,

Freddy
freadZdead

Post by freadZdead »

Another update, the error seems to have been introduced with the incremental changes (so seems to be also in the last LXConsole-not-Beta-5 version, and also seems to affect the automatic termination of commands - ie 50f does not produce 50@100 anymore.
Cheers,

Freddy
freadZdead

Post by freadZdead »

And one more, a strange OSC out error occurred - after the first keystroke, only the first character seems to be echoed to the commandline out, until enter is pressed (at which time, last commandline gets updated with the full command).
Cheers,

Freddy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This issue is fixed in build 10710.2.

Interestingly, the problem was with looking up a color name in the color library. The first frame for that particular fixture is named "FX", which does not exist in the color library. The error occurred when that color name was not found and LXConsole tried to determine if it was a doubled color i.e. 2xR09. The error probably existed in LXConsole ever since support for multiple sheet designation was added to the color library. It only appeared now because of the tighter integration between the channel controls and the command line. It would also probably only show up with a very small number of fixtures that had a frame name that was not in the color library.
freadZdead

Post by freadZdead »

Thanks for the Fix!
Cheers,

Freddy