TouchOSC commands

LXConsole support and feedback
Pace514

TouchOSC commands

Post by Pace514 »

Good day all !!!

I am in the process of making a specific layout with TouchOSC editor. I'm looking into other's layout (some are really neat!) and try to understand what command doing what. I was wondering if a list on those commands exists? Right now I am improvising some that I am sure would make you laugh!!!

One page of my layout is a graphic representation of the light line set. I would like to be able to select some of them... By touching some of them. In the keypad it would be: 1&4&17& so I tought i could do something like: /key.lxconsole/1/key.lxconsole/= /key.lxconsole/4/key.lxconsole/= /key.lxconsole/17/key.lxconsole/= (I guess you're laughing now!)

But I'll learn! Any feedback Will be extremely appreciated!

I hope my English is not too painful to read...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you look at LXConsole's Help for the Setup window and select the OSC tab, there's a pretty comprehensive description of how it responds to OSC messages.

To use your example, you would send an OSC message with the address pattern (and a non-zero argument).

/cmd.lxconsole/1&4&17@select

Basically, anything you can type on the command line can be in the second part of the address pattern following /cmd.lxconsole/. The non-zero argument is necessary so that the command is not executed on both a button press and release.
Pace514

Post by Pace514 »

Hi !!!

I have red it all several times. Since i'm french speaking, it's adding a bit of challenge to understand but i'm progressing. Right now i'd like to find a way to fade EFXmaster in seconds in the action command.

EFXmaster:@00 is working but how do i set the time? I've tryed to add /key.lxconsole/t,/key.lxconsole/2...

Thanks again!

Pascal
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

To fade an effect out over time, set the "out" time in the Master tab of the Effect window (when editing the settings for the effect). Then, use EFXstop. When an out time is set, stopping the effect is not immediate. Instead, the effect master fades down and the effect is stopped when the master reaches zero.