would that work?

LXConsole support and feedback
Pace514

would that work?

Post by Pace514 »

Hi all
We are in the process of changing the way we are managing the technical part of our show. We now use Qlab for the sound and video and it's working like a charm! Now, I would like to get rid of the GrandMA lighting board that is rather expensive to lease. Here is the diagram oh what I tough could work (please see attachment)… but i’m no network expert! As I said, the part in the green frame works perfectly. If someone could tell me if I'm heading in the right direction it would be so appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

Pascal from Montreal

ps: I hope you'll understand my question... Not sure my English writing is improving...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ao2u4rslpnycz ... 0.png?dl=0
freadZdead

Post by freadZdead »

Salut Pascal,

Doesn't look too bad at all! While I do not know each of the components intimately, the setup makes sense to me, though for true redundancy, would you not want the second Mac with LXConsole also hooked up to the switch? This is of course if your Artnet to DMX converter happily merges LTP, and as long as the two QLab's trigger the LX really close in sync.... otherwise during fades you could experience very fast "back and forth" between the two cueing LX systems, say if A was triggered a little earlier than B, it would "flicker" each time it receives a DMX command via Artnet from either of the LX systems during the fade.

Cheers,

F
Cheers,

Freddy
Pace514

Post by Pace514 »

Doesn't look too bad at all! While I do not know each of the components intimately, the setup makes sense to me, though for true redundancy, would you not want the second Mac with LXConsole also hooked up to the switch? This is of course if your Artnet to DMX converter happily merges LTP, and as long as the two QLab's trigger the LX really close in sync...

OUPS! You're right! I thought i did. Redundancy is the hole point here. I'll do the correction.

Merger is fully configurable.

Concerning sync, it is absolutely perfect with the sound. Nobody can tell when we swap A & B. I'm pretty confident that it will be the same with LXconsole...I hope anyways...

I'll have that set up in to weeks. I'll let you know...

Thanks for your comments freadZdead.

Pascal