LX Console with Akai APC 40

LXConsole support and feedback
Le Dioude

LX Console with Akai APC 40

Post by Le Dioude »

Hi everybody,
I would like to use LX console with Akai APC 40 midi controller, but i have an issue with the configuration of the 8 faders : I can configure only the 1st one to control something, the 7 others doesn't respond (and i can't see them with the "midi detect" function). The configuration of all the rotative knobs works.

Is there a solution ?

Thank you for reply…and excuse my approximative english !
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you look at the reference, the level knobs appear to use the same control number on different MIDI channels.

"Communications Protocol Document":
http://www.akaipro.com/product/apc40#downloads

LXConsole responds to different control numbers sent on a single channel.

There may be other knobs on the controller, other than the volume, that will send different control messages on the same channel. This appears to be true from the tables in the "Communications Protocol Document". But, its more reference than explanation so its hard to be sure.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Actually, when Program Change triggered actions were added, it became necessary to also include the ability to use messages on other MIDI channels than the default. It is not very hard to extend this to note on/off and control change messages.

So, today's latest build (4.6.0 10426.1) allows you to specify a channel for a note on/off or control change in the table Triggers are still only automatically detected on the default channel in the setup window. However, you can manually set a channel by adding ":n" (where n is the channel 1-15) to the trigger string.

Here's the new paragraph from the help for the Setup window's MIDI tab:

MIDI note on/off and control changes trigger actions when they are received with a MIDI channel that corresponds to the default channel set in the MIDI tab of the preferences. Note on, note off and control change triggers can be set to a specific MIDI channel by appending a colon followed by the channel in the trigger column. "cc-2" will trigger its action when control change two is received on the default MIDI channel. "cc-2:3" will trigger its action when control change two is received on MIDI channel 3, regardless of the setting of the default channel. The one exception is that when channel 16 is set to control the buttons in the Live window, other messages on channel 16 cannot be used as triggers.
Le Dioude

Post by Le Dioude »

Thank you for your reply !
I'll try it with the latest build of the software.