Inhibitive sub & park

LXConsole support and feedback
Gijs

Inhibitive sub & park

Post by Gijs »

Hey,

I started using lxconsole recently for a theatre performance that's touring The Netherlands and it's been working great for me.

A couple of things I haven't been able to figure out. Even after searching through the online help.

1) How can I park a specific channel? I've added the 'Park' column in the Channel Table, but inputting a value in this column doesn't affect the channel.

2) Is it possible to create an inhibitive submaster? I've been using lxconsole in combination with a midi controller and I would like to map an inhibitive sub to a fader for quick adjustments to groups of fixtures.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Gijs

Ps. I'm using version 4.1.0 on OSX 10.8.5
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

When you set a level in the park column, the channel should remain at that level no matter what. This will be indicated by its number being displayed in red. Park is part of the channels patch. If you have DMX Out set to "send channels" you are bypassing the patch and park won't work. Note that, "send channels" is the same as patching 1 to 1, which you can do using the popup button in the setup window's channels tab.

Inhibitive submasters are not supported.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The latest build of LXConsole, 4.2.2, includes support for inhibitive submasters. The option is available in the advanced tab of the drawer in "Subs" blind display mode.

This version modifies the main output rendering loop. Thoroughly test this version before using live Do not upgrade to this version during a currently running production.