On choosing channels...

LXConsole support and feedback
timmrogers

On choosing channels...

Post by timmrogers »

I apologize in advance. I have a question - but the answer may be obvious to everyone else...and I likely don't have the proper vocabulary to ask it clearly. I'm grateful for any help though.

I am setting up my Behringer B-CONTROL BCF2000 for use with LXConsole. It is working nicely.

I have a set of LEDs in 5 channel mode set up on DMX channel 65-79, DMX channel 80-84 and so on, and I have the intensity for each patched to DMX channel 1-8. I can control the intensity with the faders 1-8 on the BCF2000. So far, so good.

I am using LXConsole's color picker in Channel Control to choose colors for the LEDs. That is fine as well. If I click on, say, DMX channel 75 in LXConsole (or type 75 on the command line), I can choose the color for the LED.

What I would like to be able to do, however, is to map a button on the BCF2000 to allow me to select the DMX channels. So, if DMX channels 1-8 are patched to the 8 LEDs, I'd like to be able to press a corresponding button to select that LED. The buttons are toggles, so pressing it a second time should "unselect" that instrument.

It would be the most elegant, from my point of view, if this could respect the current patch - so, choosing DMX channel 1 would select the instrument patched to 1...but I see that it doesn't currently seem to work that way.

Does any of this make any sense? :)

Corrections, pointers, or ideas would be very welcome! Thank you.