Flash SOLO

LXConsole support and feedback
Oriol G

Flash SOLO

Post by Oriol G »

Hi!
First of all, sorry for my english. I know it's very bad but It isn't my mother language and I have never studied it.

I want to know if it's possible configure a MIDI button like a flash-solo button.
I have got a theatre show which I play with cues and subs that I control with faders in nanocontrol, but in two moments I need to use the subs like a flash-solo when I press buttons and when I release the buttons the show come back.

For example: A show is in a cue with channels 1,2,3 at full, press the flash solo button for the channel 3 and only channel 3 is at full, 1 and 2 go to 0, and then release the button and come back to the same cue with channels 1,2,3 at full.
manjarco

Post by manjarco »

Hey,

my english is as bad as yours, so dont worry.

As far as I know you should get the desired function by creating an effect in the effects window, using a pre-programmed sub with every channel set to zero but channel 3 set to full.

This explains how an effect using a sub is able to set desired channels on an ltp basis:
http://lx.claudeheintzdesign.com/lxCons ... indow.html
Intensity levels from effects are merged into the output on a highest takes precedence basis. Non-Intensity subchannels that are marked in the source cues or subs can override previous levels. When this option is enabled, the levels from the effect take over control of these non-intensity subchannels.
Now you should just have to program the midi-event in the setup-window.

Greetings!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The latest build of LXConsole (3.9.7) includes several tools to help make this possible. Most importantly, it adds MIDI/OSC controllable masters for the live cue and submasters. The final intensity output is proportional to both the grand master and the cue/subs master. If a channel is set at 80% in the current cue and the grand master is at 75% and the cue master is at 50%, the output level will be 30% (80%*50%= 0%, 40%*75%=30%) This makes it possible to take out the cue and replace it with the subs or replace the subs with a level set in the live cue.

Assuming the current levels are coming from a cue, you could create a MIDI action triggered by a button (say control change 33 for a button on a Korg nanoKONTROL). Pushing the button sends a control change of 127. Releasing it sends a control change with a zero. If the action is set to "SUB-1;qmaster@%w", the result of pushing the button will be to set submaster 1 to 100% and the cue master to 0%. Releasing the button will set submaster 1 to 0% and the cue master back to 100%.

You can do the opposite if the stage levels are coming from submasters, setting the subs master to 0% and adding levels into the live cue: 10@%v;smaster@&w. Both of these methods also apply to using OSC controls. The difference being that OSC actions use %p and %q to translate arguments in the OSC message to percentages, 0%-100% and 100%-0% respectively.