OSC effets trigger

LXConsole support and feedback
apg2222

OSC effets trigger

Post by apg2222 »

Hi

I'm setting up a show to be linked to Qlab. All the go Q action work but I cannot trigger effects. I used :
/cmd.LXconsole/EFXstart:1

To trigger the fx named : 1 / no success

Does someone has the proper syntax ?

Thx
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The special OSC address /cmd.lxconsole/ has as the final element a command that is executed as if it was typed into the command line. There is currently no way to start effects from the command line. The way to control an effect using OSC is to define an OSC action in the list in the OSC tab of the setup window. In which case, any address string can be used. (except one of the special ones beginning with cmd.lxconsole/ or /key.lxconsole/)

The important thing is that there be a non-zero argument. So, in QLab, the OSC address and arguments might read /FX1/ 1 (the space is important as it defines the second "1" as an argument). Then, in the setup window/OSC tab in LXConsole, /FX1/ would be mapped to the action EFXstart:1
apg2222

Post by apg2222 »

That is well explain !! Thx. Will try that tomorrow when I'm back at the theater.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Oops, there's not quite correct information in the first reply,.

LXConsole can also respond to OSC messages whose address pattern begins with /cmd.lxconsole/ and ends with what you would assign in the Setup window's OSC actions table. In controlling effects this way, the important things to realize are that the effect name cannot contain a space. And, QLab needs to send a non-zero argument.

So, the easier answer to the original question is that QLab's address and arguments field should read:

/cmd.lxconsole/EFXstart:1 1