LX crash on OSC data

LXConsole support and feedback
nizer

LX crash on OSC data

Post by nizer »

I am using sliders in Lemur to adjust position on a moving light. It works most of the time, but I get crashes sometimes when I adjust the fine adjustment; or adjust a lot. Is there a way to limit the data that LX is receiving.

Any thoughts?
Mark Nizer
mark@nizer.com
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Is this a crash or is LXConsole becoming unresponsive because of a backlog of OSC messages?
nizer

crash...

Post by nizer »

It's a full crash. total bye bye of LXConsole. Mac is still OK.
Mark Nizer
mark@nizer.com
nizer

I'll email you a sample file.

Post by nizer »

I'll email you a sample file.
Mark Nizer
mark@nizer.com
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The latest build 3.9.5 (9123.1) has some serious efficiency improvements that should make this crash impossible.

This build should be considered a beta version of LXConsole 4.0. Focus areas include the main output thread and DMX input. Thoroughly test this version before using live Do not upgrade to this version during a currently running production.

These improvements decrease the time required for some operations on the main output thread to 10% or less of the previous time. This should allow greater responsiveness when LXConsole is being controlled through OSC. But, there's always a risk with big changes that something slipped through the stress testing and could cause a crash...