Not writing ASCII file

LXConsole support and feedback
lloydriford

Not writing ASCII file

Post by lloydriford »

I can import an ASCII file with translation but when I try to "Save as" an ASCII file nothing happens. I've tried different options in the preferences and setup, downloaded and installed a clean version and done restarts and cache cleaning to no avail. This worked in an earlier version of LXConsole about 6 months ago, but I didn't save that earlier version. Please help.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

If you try to save an ascii file and nothing happens, chances are there was an error. If this is not displayed, it will still probably be present in the console log. Right after trying to save the file, go to Applications->Utilities->Console. The initial display is probably "Console Messages". Look at the messages an see if there is a listing for LXConsole. If there is, you should be able to click on that and choose "Copy" and paste the error message into a reply to this post. That would be a big help in diagnosing what the problem might be.

UPDATE

The problem was traced to an error in importing ascii that carried over into the save. Proportional patch entries in the incoming patch file were not read correctly due to a recent optimization error. This resulted in a junk patch that prevented the ascii file from writing correctly.

v1.0.12 fixes this issue.