Tracking issue

LXConsole support and feedback
freadZdead

Tracking issue

Post by freadZdead »

Hi Claude,

While I am prepping for Saturday as mentioned in the Group Reference question, I noted an unexpected behaviour:

I have 2 cues, tracking mode is on:

Cue 1, Ch 3 is Full
Cue 10, Ch 3 becomes Full automatically.

I then engage the "Block Tracking" in Cues-Advanced of Cue 10. Ch3 stays unmarked, but still shows Ch 3 at Full, which I would expect to be 0?
Cheers,

Freddy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Channel 3 has tracked through to cue 10. If cue 10 blocked tracking before channel 3 was set to full and it tracked into the cue, then channel 3 would remain where it was prior to the tracking update. If you set cue 10 to block tracking after the level has tracked through and updated the cue, then it will remain at whatever that level is until you change it. Channel 3 will then stay changed in cue 10 once you assign a new level because you have blocked tracking, even if you adjust the level in cue 1.
freadZdead

Post by freadZdead »

OK, if this is how it works, then it would probably be great to be able to create/record cues with the "block cue" activated right from the word go, which should result in a blackout?

Similarly, is it possible in tracking mode to record cue only? Which would in effect be something like (thinking there is a cue 7 and a cue 8, and tracking mode is on)

record cue only 7.5

1. set the cue 8 to "block cue" and THEN
2. record the new cue 7.5 before that cue.
Cheers,

Freddy