Crash of LX with OSC changes

LXConsole support and feedback
nizer

Crash of LX with OSC changes

Post by nizer »

When ever I change the port or IP for OSC in in preferences and hit enter, I get the spinning wheel of death.

Version 3.7.9 (8724.1)

Any ideas?
Mark Nizer
mark@nizer.com
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Just editing the preferences does not cause a crash or hang for me regardless of OSC being active at the time or not.

When you change these settings and OSC is active, it must close the old connection and open a new one. Both of these operations can take some time. This is particularly true if you try to use a port that is already in use. If the spinning wheel does not stop after 60 seconds, then there is a hang.

If there is a crash or a hang, opening /Applications/Utilities/Console.app will allow you to find the diagnostic report. You can post it here. But, its also OK to e-mail it and that will tel more specifically what happened.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I think that this hang was probably related to Lemur. Lemur sends OSC bundle messages. LXConsole did not support these messages. And, it had an error in ignoring them that caused an endless loop. You might have entered a port in the preferences which established a connection that received an OSC bundle and the error in processing that message caused the loop. The error might seem like it was in the preferences but was actually something else. Handling OSC bundles is fixed in LXConsole v3.8.1 which is the latest build.