Groups for input

LXConsole support and feedback
lloydriford

Groups for input

Post by lloydriford »

Would it be possible to add the use of groups for inputing levels? The assignment of channels and levels to a group would need to be addressed, but there must be a format for groups in ASCII since that information can be passed from board to board.

Lloyd
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This is a good suggestion. I just used LXConsole for pre-cueing a big international dance festival. (When the cue sheet alone goes over 50 pages, you know you've got a good test...)

In one venue, I needed some preset submasters to facilitate cuing onsite. I used cues in LXConsole and then changed the ascii manually to subs. But, support for both groups and subs would be a good thing to add. Especially if the "group" field in the channel info could be used to automatically generate groups or subs.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

LXConsole version 1.1 beta is now available and allows editing of groups and subs in addition to cues.

The main window has three editing modes: Cues, Groups and Subs. There are new Group List and Sub List windows. There are also new setup and preference options including the ability to automatically generate groups and/or subs from channel data.

Levels from a group or sub can be added to the preset you are editing via the command line.
lloydriford

Groups and Subs

Post by lloydriford »

WOW! This seems to work really well. I've been playing with it for only about 20 minutes and the workflow is fast and easy. Groups make roughing in a show much faster and to have subs that can load in with the show will make for much faster set-up at the venue. Thanks!