Connection Enable/disable applescript

LXConsole support and feedback
daanhazendonk

Connection Enable/disable applescript

Post by daanhazendonk »

Hi, I'm new here, very happy user of LXConsole.
I wanted to be able to remotely enable Artnet/Ethernet connection, asked Claude about it and it's featured in version 3.7.3 (8430.1). This is why:

I'm using LXConsole in a Escaperoom. (= room full of physical games + light, sound and video-effects) In one room, there's this Mac Mini build into a closet without a keyboard or mouse. It's running Qlab (video, sound, osc-cues) and LXConsole. The mac is programmed to start all programs automatically and start a sequence (including lights) automatically. It gets OSC commando's from another Mac (including keyboard & mouse ;-) just for starting other sequences or shutting down. This computer is connected via a switch to the ENTTEC ODE (artnet). Sometimes, after booting or just after an amount of time (it runs all day long..) the ethernet/artnet connection fails to start or stay connected. It does not happen on a daily basis. Since I'm only in place when updates are needed (once a week) I can't do a lot of troubleshooting.

I still don't know why it happens, but I hope to get a grip on it soon. I'm sure it's some small detail I haven't seen yet. Maybe bad home-made RJ45's. Keep you posted about that. Most important: the other mac-mini is also outputting Artnet to the very same ODE, and that computer is just running fine all day long.

In the meantime, Claude made a way of enabling the connections by Applescript. So now I've got a Script-cue in Qlab saying to re-enable the ethernet connection. Luckily, it's not a big deal when the connection fails because it only makes this room way more scary than it already is. ;-)

Script Example:

Code: Select all

tell application id "com.claudeheintzdesign.lxconsole"
        tell front document
                ethernetOn
        end tell
end tell

Cheers, Daan
freadZdead

Post by freadZdead »

Great addition, surely useful! And your room sounds awesome ;) Where is it?
Cheers,

Freddy