Strange responses to OSC.

LXConsole support and feedback
Barnens Scen

Strange responses to OSC.

Post by Barnens Scen »

I just uploaded a settingsfile: http://lx.claudeheintzdesign.com/pfiles ... _OSC.lxosc

That is supposed to go with the previously uploaded iPadlayout:

http://lx.claudeheintzdesign.com/pfiles ... t.touchosc

It worked quite well for a month or so, but now the layout tab called channels is misbehaving in a very peculiar way.

In the settings you'll see that channel 1 is controlled with OSCcommand: "/Keypad/VC0/1" and that works just fine.

But channel 2 which is controlled with OSCcommand: "/Keypad/VC0/2" lights up not only channel 2, but also channel 1,3,4,5,6,7,8,16,17 & 18 All in levels corresponding to my sub master nr 1003.

Then channel 3-12 all work as expected but channel 13 is another naughty one...
The OSC command: "/Keypad/VC1/1" lights up ch 13 + at a somewhat lower level also the lights I have in sub master nr 1004. (channel 13 is not part of that sub but still it goes to full also)

If I bring channel 14 up to full (/Keypad/VC1/2 )I get also
channels 9-13 @75%, 14@Full, 20@full, 21@35%, 22@ 72%, 23 @67%, 104@58%105-107@full and finally also channels 111&112@full.

This happens to be the precise values for my SUB nr 1005
---

And so on...

What´s going on?
---

The LXConsole file is also uploaded to here:
http://lx.claudeheintzdesign.com/pfiles ... SIC.lxcues
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This is indeed odd. Are you using any software such as MIDI bridge? It is suspicious that there are MIDI control changes defined for your sub-masters. That leads me to suspect that the OSC message is not only mapped to the channels by the OSC setup in LXConsole, but also to the MIDI control change by something else. This would would explain why a single OSC message does something in addition to its assigned action, specifically something that is mapped to a MIDI control change. You could easily test this theory by disabling MIDI input to LXConsole and seeing if the OSC messages stop triggering the sub-masters.
Johan Söderberg

Oh yes

Post by Johan Söderberg »

Disabling MIdi Bridge is a good clue indeed!

But still I need to run both Midi and OSC and have to find a way to make it work. Preferrably with both midi and osc in from touchosc + midi in also from a small Korg nanoctrl.

But I still dont understand how raising my channel 2 can trigger the Midi-command "cc-2"
And raising my channel 13 triggers midi command "cc-3"
channel 14 triggers - "cc-4"
ch 25 triggers "cc-5"
26 - cc-6
27 does nothing, but channel 37 triggers "cc-7"

There are things in these languages that go beyond the horizon to me :-)
Johan Söderberg

Post by Johan Söderberg »

I may have found it... Testing tomorrow.

Looking at my layout for the iPad in the Touchosc Editor i found that my "multi-fader items" had MIDI enabled and set to "Value 1" and Type: "Control change".

I don't really understand what that means but I guess disabling this in the layout will solve the problems.

Looking forward to a less confusing tomorrowday!