Red background?

LXConsole support and feedback
timmrogers

Red background?

Post by timmrogers »

While I was working with LXConsole, the background for the Cue, Groups, and Subs screen suddenly turned red. The Live screen background remains black.

Is that a warning of some sort? If so, how do I correct it? Or did I do something silly to change the background color? I certainly didn't intend to!

I am using LXConsole Version 3.6.5 (8104A).

Thank you!
timmrogers

Post by timmrogers »

Bah! I figured it out, I think.

LXConsole | Preferences | Colors | Editing Background

right?

But I swear I was nowhere near there! I was playing around with Effects! Really!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The latest builds of LXConsole changed the default background of the editing modes. You can set this color back to black using the preferences. But, the change is indeed intended as a reminder (or warning if you prefer) that you are in a direct editing mode rather than in live mode where you see changes reflected in the output. The ability to set a different background color has been present for a long time. The default to make this very apparent is new.

You may or may not have experienced looking at or adjusting something in one of the editing modes and then a few moments later (perhaps after a discussion with the director or stage manager) trying to make a change to the current stage picture. Its frustrating (not to mention possibly destructive) not only to not see a change happening, but to actually be changing a cue that you are already happy with.

Its not a foolproof solution. But at least, the change in background color is a visual clue to the fact that you are not in live mode. This hopefully may help save a few moments of confusion while you are wondering why the lights you just turned off are still on...
timmrogers

Post by timmrogers »

Makes perfect sense. Thank you.

Two other quick question:

1. I've been working with Effects, and have them working. I can create and effect, and I can set cues (using the Advanced tab in the Drawer) to assign cues to start and to stop/clear them. My question is: Is there a command (like record: <My Effect>) to record cues with effects, or is the only way to assign effects to cues via the Drawer? No big deal, of course - I am mostly just curious.

2. In Live mode, should I be able to do:

q101<return>

and have the lights respond as if I ran cue 101 in the Live Controls?

They don't. They work fine with the Live controls - and I thought that it had worked this way in the past. But perhaps I am just wrong!

Thanks again.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

In Live mode with the Live window open:

[q],[1],[0],[1],[return]

will set the Live window's next cue to be 101.

[q], [G]

is the same as clicking the Go button in the Live window.

In the latest build 3.6.6 (8112.2):

[q],[1],[0],[1],[G]

will start cue 101 running in the Live window.

There is currently no way to assign effects to cues outside of using the drawer and the Advanced tab in Cues mode.
timmrogers

Post by timmrogers »

Perfect.

Thank you!