Midi trigger newbie question

LXConsole support and feedback
palle-lindqvist

Midi trigger newbie question

Post by palle-lindqvist »

Hi,

I've just started using LX Console, and so far I'm finding it very intuitive and straightforward to use.

However, there's one thing I haven't been able to manage. I would like to be able to set a channel to full, when pressing a certain key on my midi keyboard, but when I release it, I would like it to return to zero. I've managed to set a channel to any value by pressing a certain key, but I can't seem to get it to return to zero when it sends the note-off message.

I would be so thankful if anyone had some idea on this topic?

Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The current release version of LXConsole does not respond to MIDI note off messages.

The Latest Build 3.6.5 (8029A) does support triggering actions from note off messages. (Latest builds can be downloaded from the alternate links section on the download page)

Note off messages may not solve your problem, however. Some controllers do not send a note off message when a key is released. What they send is a note on message with a velocity of zero.

In these cases, in order to be able to trigger one action by pressing a key, and another by releasing it, a separate method from responding to all note on messages is needed. This latest build allows definitions of triggers that fire their actions when note on messages that have a velocity of zero are received.

If actions for both a note-on and the same note-on with velocity zero are defined, the former will fire while the velocity is not zero. The latter will fire when the velocity is zero, overriding the other.
Johan Söderberg

Post by Johan Söderberg »

I've done this with buttons a few times with Touch osc.
set a channel to full, when pressing a certain key on my midi keyboard, but when I release it, I would like it to return to zero
If your midi note is set to trigger for instance "sub: 1@%v" the button will be acting like a flashbutton for submaster 1.

I guess it ought to work fine also for a channel if LXConsole is set to respond with "1@%v" for channel 1.