High End Cyberlight

LXConsole support and feedback
timmrogers

High End Cyberlight

Post by timmrogers »

I would like to add 2 High End Cyberlight instruments to a LXConsole definition that I am building.

I can find the channel specs (https://www.highend.com/pub/products/au ... ber200.pdf - Section A-12) and I know how to create definitions for more simple instruments.

But this one is a beast! 20 channels, lots of which I neither understand (Static litho? Frost?) nor can find pre-made definitions for in LXConsole.

I'd appreciate some guidance. Is there a collection of user-defined instruments out there? Has anyone used this particular instrument (or something similar) who could give me some pointers?

Thanks again.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can probably use the built-in definitions for sub-channels and construct a setup for the Cyberlight. There is a defined sub-channel for frost. And you can use Gobo Wheel 1 and 2 for the Litho Wheel. You can download an example Mode 1 channel setup at:

http://www.claudeheintzdesign.com/cgi-b ... d_user.cgi

To use this file, control-click a channel and choose "Setup Channel" from the popup menu. Then, on the left side under "Subchannels", choose "Import". At the bottom of the list of built-in channel configurations, there is an item called "Choose File" That will allow you to locate and open the downloaded file.

Note that the example does not include all the defined values for each sub-channel listed in the Cyberlight manual. It simply contains the address/patch configuration. You can add defined values by selecting a sub-channel from the left side of the channel setup sheet and then adding items to the defined values table on the right side of the sheet.
timmrogers

Post by timmrogers »

Wow! Thank you very much. I'll work through that and see if I can get it working.

Thank you very much.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The latest build of LXBeams 3.6.1 (9330A) now contains a Cyberlight fixture in the "moving" key. This includes basic defined values for the color wheel, effects and gobo wheels.

The latest build of LXConsole also now has a Cyberlight channel definition included in the built-in channel setups.
timmrogers

Post by timmrogers »

Thank you very much!