Lx console newbie help.

LXConsole support and feedback
sam

Lx console newbie help.

Post by sam »

Hi there,

Ive been using LX console to run basic states for a while now, using the Cue stack, and with great success. I love the simple layout!

However i do have a couple of questions regarding a couple of the more advanced features.

When trying to record effects i can see no obvious way to do so...
I open the effect window, to add an effect, but i cant seem to record steps to the Effect? is there a Key for EFX or steps such as there is for Cue or Record?

Lastly, can i insert an effect into a cue to run automatically? Do i need to insert a part and then insert the FX such as with strand 500 series?

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks for this really brilliant Free software.

Sam.
sam

Post by sam »

Nevermind....

Sorted it after some extensive playing around.

If anyone has any tips for use with EFX please let me know.

Sam
freadZdead

Post by freadZdead »

Hi Sam,

The way that effects work in LXConsole is that they are step based. First, record the steps - either as subs or as cues, and either with individual fade times, or just like that (as you can override these in the effect if you want to). Then create a new effect, edit it, and add the created cues or subs to the effects step list.

The Help file in LXConsole is actually quite well written I find, and easy to troll through :).

And then, to your other question: once you have your normal cue stack ready, go into blind (LXConsole calls it Cues), go to the specific cue where you would like to start the effect, get the info drawer out (on the right), and under advanced, under action, add an EFXstart Action, and select the effect you want to start. In the same way, add an EFXstop in a cue where you would like an effect to stop...

Good luck!
Cheers,

Freddy