Big bug

LXConsole support and feedback
louison87

Big bug

Post by louison87 »

Hi every body,

Helpplease
I'm in the Avignon Festival,
One of my show is with lx, we've been played since 3 days with no matter.
But today when I do the Install LX looking normally but no light start, I have a MK2 enntec,and I try with an other box and nothing works but the console of the theater works.
Nothing change on the programs since yesterday and on the install and on everything it's really strange,
tomorrow I gona try with another Laptop.
I hope I fond a solution...
Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

For troubleshooting, it is important to know what version of OS X and what version of LXConsole are having a problem. For example, there is a known driver issue with OS X 10.9 and Apple just put out a 10.9.4 update that could prevent an ENTTEC widget from working. There is a workaround for this on the ENTTEC website.

There are several steps to diagnosing the problem. One thing you can do is verify that the widget is working. You can do this with ENTTEC's Pro Manager software. Be aware that you cannot run Pro Manager and LXConsole at the same time as one will prevent the other from connecting to the widget.

In LXConsole's preferences DMX Info tab, there is a popup that shows the connection to the widget. There should only be one option available and that should be "D2XX Driver". If there is another connection in the popup menu, there is a driver conflict and you will have to disable the other driver to get the widget to work.

If the widget is not plugged in when you start LXConsole, you may need to select File->External->Plug/Unplug Widget to establish a connection.

Finally, there should be errors listed in the messages window that will indicate what the connection problem might be. To get the best error reporting, you should download and install the latest build of LXConsole, 3.5.7. Clicking the Widget Info button in LXConsole's Preferences/DMX Info tab should also give you information about the widget or an error message if LXConsole cannot connect to the widget to retrieve the settings.

It is possible that earlier versions of LXConsole might have a rare instance where they would not connect to a widget because of a multi-threading issue. This is fixed in the latest build.

USB connectors and the sockets on a laptop can become dirty and make a poor connection. I don't know if you've experienced having to plug and unplug a flash drive several times to get it to mount. But, a poor USB connection will prevent LXConsole from communicating with the widget. You can isolate this with the steps above, looking for error messages in LXConsole and testing the connection with Pro Manager.