Application wide Go/Pause/Back

LXConsole support and feedback
blacklite

Application wide Go/Pause/Back

Post by blacklite »

Would it be possible to introduce application wide Go/Pause/Back shortcut keys ? Currently I can only find shortcuts that apply when the live window is selected.

Would be really nice to be able to trigger a Go command without leaving the command line or having to reselect it afterwards.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The latest build of LXConsole, 3.4.5 (7529A), adds menu commands for the buttons in the Live window.

The live window must still be open in order to run cues. However, you can now use the menu shortcut keys to initiate a Go, Stop, Back or Hold from other windows.
blacklite

Post by blacklite »

Thanks for introducing this.

Unfortunately though I think this change has introduced a bug as most of the application menus are greyed out with the latest build. I can email through screenshots if that is useful.[/img]
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

this is fixed in 3.4.5 (7530A)
freadZdead

Post by freadZdead »

Hi Claude,

Seeing this post from my fellow Brisbanite ;), and just having come out of a plotting session, I noticed some slight inconsistency:

When the command line does not have the focus (i.e. you clicked into the channel window), some keys get picked up and put into the command line, some don't...

numbers seem to be accepted, but things like "@", "+" etc seem to be ignored...

If possible, it would be quite handy for those to be picked up as well - scenario, using the mouse to click channels for selection and then just being able to type "@50" or the likes, as opposed to having to give the focus manually back to the command line.

What do you think?
Cheers,

Freddy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can select channels with the mouse and then simply press "a" or "@" and a level without clicking in the command line. Pressing a key while the main channel display has focus will add that key to the current command line--just the same as if it had keyboard focus and the cursor was at the end of the command.

This is really a separate idea and should be put under a new topic. Please try not to just reply at the end of another topic when a question occurs out of the current topic. The reason is to help keep the forum organized so that people can find information that has already been discussed. That can be hard when the discussion lies buried under an unrelated topic.
freadZdead

Post by freadZdead »

Sorry for the hi-jack, it felt related. Have moved and clarified the report in a new post now.
Cheers,

Freddy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thinking back, it is more related than some threads that have gone off on tangents. I've been on a number of programming forums lately where they seem to jump on off-topic posts. And, I've also looked for something that I know is in the forum only to eventually find it in an unrelated thread that mutated.

But, I also appreciate the conversational nature of some of the threads. So, I'm torn between trying to enforce thread discipline and letting the conversation flow. Thanks for the other post, I'll investigate and get back to it on that new thread.