LX Console doesn't always open up with the last used file

LXConsole support and feedback
calfredson

LX Console doesn't always open up with the last used file

Post by calfredson »

LX Console doesn't always open up with the last used file. Sometimes it opens with the second-most recent file I've had open. This really screws with version control if I don't notice and start editing an older file.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I think what is happening is that the last saved file is not cleared if the application is quit with no windows open. The latest build (3.4.4 7519A) corrects this.

In this new version, the last file is saved (and later restored) only when it is open when the application quits. If no window is open when the application quits, the next time it is launched it will open an untitled file.

The re-opening of files done by LXConsole is not the same as the OS X supported/enforced re-opening. The operating system re-opening of windows is tied to auto-save. It is entirely managed by OS X as to when auto-save happens...which could be during a critical cue and cause a jump in the fade. So, LXConsole may not behave exactly the same as the standard Apple apps. But, there's a non-arbitrary reason for that choice.