SETUP Scenes List

LXConsole support and feedback
horonco

SETUP Scenes List

Post by horonco »

I a a new user. In building SCENES, I am limited to only 12 scenes. Is this a hard limitation? Can it be expanded to include more than 12? Thanks, Ron
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Scenes are intended for a simplified alternate interface for playback. An example might use three scenes, "House lights", "Lecture", and "Movie" to allow single-click access to these looks.

Not only is there one-click access to playback, but the looks can be accessed in random order.

Scenes are just a way of playing a small set of cues. The number is limited because they are intended to present a simplified number of options. After about 12, the simplicity goes away and you may be better off using the cue sheet or cue list to select cues for playback. (Clicking on a cue in either of these windows selects it for playback using the GO button)

The number of cues is not limited by the number of scenes. And, you are never forced to use scenes at all. But, they can be handy for easy access to things like house/work light/or other common looks when programming using a regular sequential list of cues.
horonco

Scenes

Post by horonco »

OK. I get it thanks. I was trying to build multiple scenes son that I could recall them to use when I build a cue list. However, I learned to copy the cues as well. The reason I was doing it this way because I drive LXCONSOLE from QLAB to sync with the music and video projections. I just finished doing a version of Thoroughly Modern Millie in which I put all of the cues (Music, Video Projections and Lights) into QLAB. I must say after looking at other MAC lighting control systems, LXCONSOLE turned out to be a gem. I had even controlled ICUES and Apollo IRIS units right in perfect sync. 90% of the light cues were under MSC control.

Thanks for a great product.

Ron