enttec mk2

LXConsole support and feedback
luca telleschi

enttec mk2

Post by luca telleschi »

is lx consolle compatible with enttec usb pro mk2?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, it is supported for DMX output. To use the mk2, insure that the Pro 2 Widget box is checked in the Preferences' DMX Info tab.
Markell

enttec mk2 - ports

Post by Markell »

Hi there. Indulge me, I'm quite new at this.

I'm using OSX 10.8.5, getting OSC live signal from Quartz Composer and sending out DMX trough an Enttec mk2.

How do i send signals through the DMX 2 of the Enttec?
Or better said, how do I map the OSC channel 513 to the DMX channel 1 of the second universe?

Thank you

P.S. this what I'm getting from the Pro 2 Widget info button (both ports are defined as n.1 ?) :
--- reading XML ---
--- complete ---
Connection open to DMX USB PRO Mk2
DMX Pro Mk 2 Port Assignments
Port 1: 1
Port 2: 1
admin
Site Admin

New Question: OSC

Post by admin »

You can patch any channel to any address using the table in the bottom part of the main display. (Drag open the split pane to see the table). So, channel one can be set to control dmx address 513 if you wish. Or, you can set the number of channels to 513 in the setup window's channels tab and patch them 1 to 1. That way channel 513 would control address 513. (hint: in the channel table, you can also refer to address 513 as 2.1 for the first dimmer in the second universe)

Also in the setup window is the OSC actions table. This is where you would map an incoming OSC message to an action that would control a a channel. Exactly how you do this depends on the nature of your message and its arguments. There are a number of DMX/OSC schemes in use. If you can explain more about the OSC message address and its arguments, its possible to figure out how to setup an action to do what you want.