Lost connection with ENTTEC USB PRO

LXConsole support and feedback
Haikio

Lost connection with ENTTEC USB PRO

Post by Haikio »

I´ve just updated from 2.6 to 3.2 and lost the connection to the ENTTEC USB PRO. The cues are working well on screen from Qlab with AppleScript to LXConsole but nothing happens on stage. The dongle does not blink but sends out some kind of dodgy signal to the FlatParLEDs that makes them strob. I´ve tried with changing the dongle, dmx cabels and reinstalling the FDTI driver.

Whats the problem? Any tips?

Best regards

Ilkka

www.ilkkahaikio.com
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Did you just upgrade to Mavericks?

If you are using LXConsole with Mavericks and a DMX USB Pro, see the following from ENTTEC:

http://www.enttec.com/support-center/kb ... _IMPORTANT

Follow the instructions there to disable the Mavericks driver and to restore your ability to use d2xx.
ps148

Post by ps148 »

[color=#000000]lawyer[/color] wrote:Did you just upgrade to Mavericks?

If you are using LXConsole with Mavericks and a DMX USB Pro, see the following from ENTTEC:

http://www.enttec.com/support-center/kb ... _IMPORTANT

Follow the instructions there to disable the Mavericks driver and to restore your ability to use d2xx.
Thanks, I just upgraded to Mavericks as well and am attempting the same, but am still having difficulty. I will attempt to disable the driver?
Last edited by ps148 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you look at the Enttec site, there's a simple utility you download to disable the driver. The USB Pro won't work with 10.9 unless you disable the Apple driver and restart the computer.
Haikio

Post by Haikio »

Ok thanks. will try that :D
manstok

Post by manstok »

I just had some sort of the same problem.

Running LXconsole 3.4 the show ran fine under osx 10.9.1

After an osx update to 10.9.2 I had to run the enttec utility (again) to disable the Apple driver (after every update you have to do that)

Now i am randomly losing contact with the enttec usb-dmx v2 DURING a show...
All lights on the enttec keep blinking as before, LXconsole is running the cues,
but no dmx output.

I have to restart LXconsole to get contact with the enttec, wich is a bit of a pain as this changes the lights on scene..

I can't figure out where is the problem, I will now try to update to the latest version of LXconsole and also update osx to 10.9.3

greetings Boris
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It sounds as if you may have a loose USB connection.

If you are using the d2xx driver for the widget, it is not necessary to re-start LXConsole. You should be able to use the File->External->Plug/Unplug Widget command to re-establish a connection to the widget.
manstok

Post by manstok »

Thanks Admin, I will also try another usb cable!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Do you know what driver you are using? Is it the D2XX connection?

Also, are you using the Mk2 widget with both universes of output?
manstok

Post by manstok »

It is the D2XX connection, and I am using the DMX USB Pro MK2 with only universe one used
manstok

Post by manstok »

I updated to OS X 10.9.3, use a new usb cable, so far it seems that there are no more lost connections.
I also tried the latest lxconsole version 3.5.4, but that did not make connection to the enntec at all, so i switched back to version 3.4
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

What is the firmware version of the widget?

There should be no reason why v3.4 would work and v3.5.4 would not. In fact v3.5.4 has better error reporting than earlier versions.
manstok

Post by manstok »

the firmware version of the widget is 4.8
alberto

Post by alberto »

Today I had the same problem with Enttec pro usb and lxconsole 3.6.0. Green LED keeps flashing but no light changes.
manstok wrote:I just had some sort of the same problem.

Running LXconsole 3.4 the show ran fine under osx 10.9.1

After an osx update to 10.9.2 I had to run the enttec utility (again) to disable the Apple driver (after every update you have to do that)

Now i am randomly losing contact with the enttec usb-dmx v2 DURING a show...
All lights on the enttec keep blinking as before, LXconsole is running the cues,
but no dmx output.

I have to restart LXconsole to get contact with the enttec, wich is a bit of a pain as this changes the lights on scene..

I can't figure out where is the problem, I will now try to update to the latest version of LXconsole and also update osx to 10.9.3

greetings Boris
Un saludo,
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The green light will remain flashing after DMX has been sent to the widget. This does not tell you if you are currently sending DMX. Only that it has been sent. And, the flashing green light also does not mean that what was sent had non-zero levels.

If there has been a connection problem with the widget, then using the File->External->Plug/Unplug Widget command may repair the connection.

There are a number of possible causes for no current output. For example, if the channel you are testing has not been patched to a dimmer, there won't be output. Or, at the other end, if a DMX cable is not connected or faulty, there may be no output. To eliminate these possibilities, use the ENTTEC Pro-Manager to test the widget and its connections. Note that only one connection to the widget is possible at a time. So, it is not possible to have both Pro-Manager and LXConsole open at the same time and have the widget work for both.