OSC message formating&echoing

LXConsole support and feedback
freadZdead

OSC message formating&echoing

Post by freadZdead »

Hi there,

I have been working on a TouchOSC remote that features dynamic channel binding and channel information. Basically, through LXConsole's recent OSC sending improvements, something that has been known in some lighting consoles as "FlexiChannels" becomes feasible, with multi-faders being bound to patched channels.

I also try to display as effectively as possible the percentage of a channels, both when it's set in LXConsole or in the remote, but currently I have to go about this in a round-about way(via using MIDI actions, which of course exports as 0-127), which causes slight display errors.

Would it be possible to introduce an additional format identifier for OSC actions, apart from the standard %p? something that gives the internally rounded percentages as integers 0-100? Or even, if that is easier/more consistent 0-FL (it could be a string OSC message).

Obviously, not a high priority, but would be cool :). I have doctored around a lot through other software as intermediary to convert and came to the conclusion that with the amount of messages flowing through, it makes only sense to try and avoid as many "detours" in the data pathways, as to get a prompt display wherever possible.

Another improvement could be to hand through/repeat not only messages that are received by LXConsole and not recognised to the FORWARD address, but also all the messages that LXConsole DOES recognise, and ideally copy whatever LXConsole sends to the primary recipient also to the FORWARD address... if that is possible.
Cheers,

Freddy