How fire a Sub in a live?

LXConsole support and feedback
AlrIk

How fire a Sub in a live?

Post by AlrIk »

It's maybe a stupid question, but i never find how to link a sub in a cue sequence? I know how fire it with the command line (sub-1@%v), but he comes with no fade time. Is it possible to have a GO for a Sub, or firing a Sub with a specific fade time with a cue?
I never looked for that a lot because i use Qlab, and it's very easy to control a sub with MIDI, but just for know...

Third post in the same day... Working time... :idea:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The ability to assign a time to a sub is currently supported because it is part of the USITT ASCII standard. It really only pertains to offline editing at the moment. A large new project is to allow multiple live fades in a single document. When this is in place, allowing a sub to run on its time will be possible.

At the moment, it is possible to run multiple fades by having more than one document open and thus more than one live window. LXConsole's architecture must be re-designed to allow this to happen within a single file. Such a large change requires lots of testing before it is suitable for performance use. Now that v2.2 is done, it may be that this is the next big project.
AlrIk

Post by AlrIk »

Ok, so i'll continue to use Qlab, who is very efficient to do it.