Totally New touchosc

LXConsole support and feedback
Pace514

Totally New touchosc

Post by Pace514 »

Hi Claude !!!

Hope your doing ok despite the pandemic !
Here in Montreal, we are about to open theatres...Hopefully... So i have to get back in.

I don't know if you did have a look at the new TouchOSC, but it seems interesting. You can open your old layout in it. On the other hand, i'm not able to see the cues running (/2/running_cue) or dimmers (/1/dimmer). I have tried a few things but no success yet. Here is a screen shot of the editor.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6lmtmvq0wg0l ... 1.png?dl=0

I guess you'll see easily the problem !

Keep safe !

Thanks a lot as always !

ps: May i ask you where you were born... Just curious...

Pascal
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

My guess is that you are also having trouble with the command line. Those three labels are all things that LXConsole sends messages to TouchOSC to set the text. Other elements like buttons send messages from TouchOSC to LXConsole. To get that to work, you probably defined a connection in the new TouchOSC app's connections window. You probably found the connection to LXConsole fairly easily. (TouchOSC->Connections... command) However, using the default for the Zeroconf setting does not allow LXConsole to find TouchOSC. So, even though OSC-Out is on in LXConsole, it does not have a place to send messages to.

You can manually enter an IPAddress:Port for TouchOSC in LXConsole's Preferences' OSC Out tab. Or, in the new TouchOSC app, change the Zeroconf of the OSC connection to "Custom" and enter "TouchOSC" in the custom field. Once you do that, LXConsole should be able to locate the TouchOSC app and send messages to it.
Pace514

Post by Pace514 »

Hi Claude !!!

Thank a lot ! Everything is working now.

Have a nice day !