Trigger Actions Only - But with fade?

LXConsole support and feedback
Søren Søndberg

Trigger Actions Only - But with fade?

Post by Søren Søndberg »

Hi
I am new here :-)
My problem is: I want to run 4 follow-cues without changing levels on the previous cue, which is still running with a long fade-time. The obvious choice would be using Preset Effects in the follow-cues and then use the Cue Option "Trigger Actions Only". But this option include "No fade" so follow-time is disabled. Have can I solve this?

Kind regards
Søren
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I think that the thing to do might be to make a preset effect referencing the four follow cues. As long as the preset effect's options are not set to override cue times, the 4 cues can be setup as a normal follow sequence. Starting the effect will run the 4 cues on their own fade times/follow times.

The thing about preset effects is that they use the follow time of a cue if it is specified. If no follow is specified, they start the next step as soon as the fading cue is complete.

Also, you'll want to make sure that the effect is not set to loop or clear when stopped.

An alternative strategy might be to make your initial cue with the log running fade an action-only cue that triggers a preset effect with only one preset (the long fade cue, saved elsewhere). The effect will continue to fade as the other 4 cues proceed as a normal follow sequence.

With either option, eventually you'll want to clear the effect, probably as an action linked to another cue. The effect's clear time can be useful in managing this so lights don't just go out when the effect is cleared.
Søren Søndberg

Post by Søren Søndberg »

Thanks - I’ll try it out. While I use Qlab to trigger LXConsole I found out to trigger the cues from there with follow-timing in Qlab.

Best
Søren