Cues, Groups and lighting states

LXConsole support and feedback
HarryTwoFingers

Cues, Groups and lighting states

Post by HarryTwoFingers »

After reading another thread on groups for inputting levels, I thougth I could input in groups, copy levels in a group from the groupeditor and paste to a cue in the cueeditor.
I have not succeded so I guesss there is something I have misunderstood about groups.
My groups are lighting states...notes on light on different scenes.
Say I have 50 cues and 12 lighting states. According to what scene and cue an lighting state is applied.
So copying would be a nice thing to be able to do.
Regards
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There are two ways to use a group. You can completely copy and paste it as a cue. To copy and paste you must click on the channel display. (There should be a blue border when it is highlighted) Then choose "Copy". Switch to where you want to paste and choose "Paste". This will create a new Cue/Group/Sub.

If you want to use the levels of a group in a cue without creating a new cue, the command line is used. Press "g" which expands to "group:" Then, enter the group number "@" level (eg. group:1@100). Non-zero channels in the group have their values set in the cue, proportionate to the level you entered. Subs differ from groups only in that the current level of a channel is determined by the highest value from either the cue or the sub.
HarryTwoFingers

Post by HarryTwoFingers »

Thank you! Now i finally got it.
And thank you also for a wonderful program.