adding sub wing to LXConsole

LXConsole support and feedback
Pace514

adding sub wing to LXConsole

Post by Pace514 »

I Claude !!!

I already mentioned how i love to use LXConsole and touchOSC. But some times, there is nothing like grabbing a physical fader or tapping a real button.
So, i was wondering if there is a way to add a very simple (small) wing with a few faders and bumps buttons. Could it be via MIDI ? OSC, NETWORK ?

Here is the 2 setups i use usually:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u8posocbwn3n ... PkUZa?dl=0

Do you think it is possible to integrate such a thing !

Appreciate your help very much !

And thanks for the latest build !
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There is built-in support for controlling faders from both a Korg nanoKONTROL and a Bheringer X-Touch compact. The latter is more expensive but has motorized faders which makes synching faders much easier. So much so that it is more than worth the price difference in quality of use over the long run. However, if you want really basic manual buttons and sliders, the nanoKONTROL can't be beat on price. I have used one with students for years and it worked just fine. Although, when it was time for a new MIDI controller we went with the X-Touch and it is even better.

Beyond faders, it is easy to add MIDI controls and hook them up to actions using the Setup window's MIDI tab. Using the detect button with a MIDI controller connected allows you to just operate a control and to discover what it is sending (usually a control change message). Once you know that there is a whole list of command possibilities that you can trigger with the detected control.