2nd Universe Patch and Stuck Sub

LXConsole support and feedback
nizer

2nd Universe Patch and Stuck Sub

Post by nizer »

Say I want to patch some lights on the 2nd universe. I have my offset for Universe 2 set to 512. How do I type in the dimmer number. Is it always:
712 for 200 on universe 2 or can I do it like 2.200? to avoid the math. It is hard to test when I am under the time clock.

Secondly, I have a sub that allows me to turn on some house lights for 10 seconds then fade back out. I fired it as expected three times. The forth time I fired it, I couldn't get them to go back out. The channel was locked at 75%. They only way to get them to go out was to unpatch them.

Thanks for any insights. I am loving using LX for all my gigs.
Mark Nizer
mark@nizer.com
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, if you have the USB output set with a local offset of 512 and patch a channel to 2.1, it will control DMX address 1 coming out from the widget.

In this setup with the Local Address Offset in the Preferences' DMX Out tab set to 512, to control dimmer 105 from the widget, patch the channel to 2.105.

It is very hard to tell with the complexity of your rig why a sub might be stuck on. However, you should be able to use Cue->Live->Clear Live Sub Sub Levels to force all subs to zero. If this doesn't work, then something you have connected is probably sending either MIDI or OSC that is setting the sub to be on. You can tell which channels are being controlled by subs because the channel level will be the same color as a selected channel (Yellow by default but can be changed in the preferences)
nizer

Post by nizer »

Wonderful. Thank u so much.
Mark Nizer
mark@nizer.com