Patch tab range of channels

LXConsole support and feedback
Pace514

Patch tab range of channels

Post by Pace514 »

Hi Claude !!!

I know by default there are 100 channels when you open a new file and you can change that number under VIEW -> SETUP --> CHANNELS. Is it possible to hide ranges of channels under the PATCH tab. A bit like when you check the "show only patch channels" .
Often i have the first 20 or 30 channels for house dimmers and the last ones for leds. It would be faster if i would not have to go thru 400 adresses that i do not use.

Thanks a lot !

Have a nice day !

Pace
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I think you can accomplish what you want by turning off automatic layout in the current display setup (View->Display Options...).

Then, you can export the display configuration to LXBeams. (The latest builds include support for doing this with AppleScript) Or, save a .dconfig file.

In LXBeams, delete the channel fields you don't wish to see.

Then, send the display configuration back to LXConsole. Again, the latest build has AppleScript for this. But you can accomplish the same thing by exporting and importing a .dconfig file.

Note that channels that are not displayed are not deleted. They still hold data and will produce output. You can manage several different display configurations using View->Display Options... to access all channels if needed.