Clearsubs rapidly

LXConsole support and feedback
Pace514

Clearsubs rapidly

Post by Pace514 »

Hi Claude !!!

2 questions.

1- Is there a way to override faders when running a Q ?
Right now when i'm running a blackout Q i may end up with a fader that i
forgot to bring down.

2- Is there a way to assign CLEARSUBS to a key (of a macbook)
Since you can assign a script to a key, i guess it is doable.
But you have to write the script... which is beyond mi knowledge...

Thanks for your greatly appreciated help !

Pascal
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can CLEARSUBS as an action attached to a cue, or an OSC or MIDI message.

But, you might want to consider using the subs master instead because of what happens after you clear the subs. If you are using non-motorized faders and you clear the subs, you can assure a blackout if the MIDI controller's faders are still up. But, you will, at some point, need to move the physical faders that were left up. As soon as you do, they will send a control change value and that might cause LXConsole to react and jump the associated sub to that level.

If you assign a cue action "Down-> Subs Master" to the blackout cue, the faders that have been left up will no longer produce output because the subs master will be at zero. While the subs master is at zero, you will be able to move the physical faders without causing levels to jump onstage. Later, you can attach a "Up-> Subs Master" action to a cue that restores the subs master to full. Because this happens over the up time of the cue, you could even do a blackout/restore using this method and just continue with your faders at the level they were before the blackout.