recording cues using groups.

LXConsole support and feedback
Pace514

recording cues using groups.

Post by Pace514 »

Hi Claude !!!

Let’s say I’m using group when recording a Q. If I change the group by re-recording it, will it be reflected in every Q. Since my English is not the best, I’ll put it that way...

Group 1 full. Record Q1 enter.
Group 1 at 55%. Record group 1 enter, enter.
In fact, what I would like is Q1 reflecting the New value of group 1. That way I would not have to make the change in every Q.

Thanks one more time !

Pascal
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can add the marked channels in a group to a cue by reference so that if you change the group, the cue is changed as well.

To add a group to a cue in this way, switch to "Cues" rather than "Live" mode.

Type [q] ("cue:") followed by the cue number and [enter].

In the Cue Options tab of the Inspector, there is a table of included groups.

Click the + button and then edit the number of the group you want to include.
(If the group has a description in it's "what" field it will be shown once the number is entered).
Click the update button and the marked levels from the group will be added to the cue.

If you want to do this from the live window, you can play back the cue to which you'd like to add a referenced group. Then type [G] (Group:) followed by the group number. LXConsole will ask if you'd like to include the group in the cue. Note that this command uses a capital 'G'. The small 'g' (group:) command simply copies the levels from the group into the current levels but does not record them or create a reference to the group in the cue.