JDK 11.0.2 not working with LXFREE

Use this forum to post questions about using LXFree Java and LXSeries software for Windows.
Lightboard

JDK 11.0.2 not working with LXFREE

Post by Lightboard »

I just downloaded LXFREE for windows and installed the latest JDK 11.0.2 from Oracle. When I try to run LXFREE I get a message 'application requires Java Runtime Environment 11.0.1' and that LXFREE believes that the JRE is corrupt or old version. Have I installed wrong or is LXFREE just not recognizing future JREs?
Tom Hudson
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Oracle licensing for JDK versions after Java 8 has changed. Consequently, LXFree for Java does not use newer Oracle JDK versions. Legacy Oracle Java 8 versions are still available.

LXFree for Java now uses OpenJDK for versions of Java after Java 8. There are links to instructions for using OpenJDK 11 on the download page:

https://www.claudeheintzdesign.com/lx/l ... nload.html

There are two installers for LXFree for Java, OpenJDK 11 and Windows, one requires you to download and install OpenJDK 11 separately. The other, much larger installer, includes a copy of OpenJDK 11 which is installed alongside LXFree for Java. If you choose to install OpenJDK separately, you must follow the instructions on how to locate and name its folder so that LXFree for Java can find it.
Lightboard

It works on other machines

Post by Lightboard »

I was able to get the software for JAVA 8 and the one for Java 9 to work on the laptop I was traveling with which rejected the JDK version. However when I got home I had no problem with loading the JDK version on my home desktop. I suspect that the uninstall of JDK 11.0.2 left some kind of trace on that laptop. It is my travel laptop so it will not hurt not having it on that machine. Thank you for your response. Everything is copasedic now.
Thanks
Tom Hudson